Saturday, October 5, 2013

How I told My Husband
The day I found out, I already scheduled an OB/GYN appointment for a "trying to get pregnant" check up. It was visit #2 with this doctor for our planning. We were checking progesterone levels and uterine wall thickness to be sure I was prepped to conceive. Now, I'd been off birth control for 1.5 months and husband and I practiced every day since then (including our honeymoon and wedding)!
I decided to take a test before the appointment to be sure we were checking all the right things. I texted my husband to let him know my plan, but the test didn't even work! I didn't have a control line or anything. I'm a nurse- you would think I could figure this out. So I figured I would tell the doc and we would do one there. 
I tried again at home right before I left. And it was positive, fast. I told my doc and we calculated the baby to be about 5 or 6 weeks along. I had spotting (hopefully implantation) that I interpreted as a period, so I had dates all wrong!
I had until 7 pm to figure out how to tell my husband the news since he was slaving away at work. 
I prepared a chicken dinner and had it marinating in the fridge. So when he got home, I had him "check out my marinating chicken." He found the baby bottles, pacifiers, positive test (well rinsed), and a card saying "Good men turn into good fathers." I recorded his response on video. Priceless. And we celebrated- wine free.






1 comment: